HOMEOWNERS' ASSOCIATION INFORMATION
The information provided by HOPB is for educational purposes only and it's not meant to provide or to be construed as legal advice. Any legal questions, should be directed to your attorney. We cannot respond to questions regarding the law.
GOVERNMENT AGENCIES & RESOURCES
- North Carolina Government Portal - Search for government information by topic and agency.
- North Carolina General Assembly - Search your state representative and the legislation (or, "statutory law") database.
- North Carolina Department of Justice -The office of the attorney general plays an important role in protecting the state's citizens.
- North Carolina Secretary of State - Information on elections, businesses, licensing, and securities.
- North Carolina Real Estate Commission
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development - North Carolina
- North Carolina Department of Agriculture -The agency provides leadership on food, agriculture, natural resources, and related issues.
HOA LAWS AND REGULATIONS
- North Carolina General Statutes
- Nonprofit Corporation Act - N.C.G.S. Chapter 55A
- Planned Community Act - N.C.G.S. Chapter 47F
- Unit Ownership Act - N.C.G.S. Chapter 47A
- Condominium Act - N.C.G.S. Chapter 47C
- Legal Opinion - Condominium Act
- The North Carolina Court System
- North Carolina Library of Congress
- North Carolina State Bar
- Legal Aid of North Carolina
PRIVATE SECTOR RESOURCES
- Community Associations Institute (CAI)
- Database of State Incentives for Renewables & Efficiency - Find solar access policies and incentives